A reputable and fast-growing Water and Environmental Engineering organization in the heart of Lekki seeks to recruit a suitable candidate to occupy the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Grade: Deputy Officer
- Responsible for analyzing & reconciling detailed general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Maintains a filing system for account payable records
- Prepare and input prepayment, accrual and other month-end journals in the Accounting system
- Respond to and resolve vendors and other accounts queries
- Collate supplier’s documentation for processing
- Work closely with receiving department and related departments to ensure all invoices have the appropriate documentation attached and approvals prior to processing
- Process all invoices and statements and Ensure correct costing and invoicing of all sales and services.
- Record and process payments of goods and services
- Maintain clear lines of communication with outside companies to ensure timely and accurate supply of goods and services
- Keep records and accounts accurate and current.
- Implement all internal control measures.
- Prepare and monitor monthly payroll for wages and salaries.
- Ensure compliance with statutory obligations (Taxes and Rates)
- Liaise with the external auditors and government agencies.
- Ensure confidentiality within and outside the organization.
- Maintain general safety of all official documents and cash.
- Complete related reports, summaries, and records.
- Stock and inventory management and valuation.
- Coordination and reconciliation of all banking activities.
Requirements / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or HND in Accounting
- At least 2-4 years working experience in Accounting
- Mature individual, able to work independently under pressure, able to maintain accuracy, paying attention to details, meeting deadlines and working with minimal supervision.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like SAGE & QuickBooks
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Relevant professional certification is a plus
N50,000 to N75,000 monthly in addition to other benefits.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!