Sifax Group – We have built a reputation of excellent service delivery anchored on the foundation of competent workforce, world-class services, consumer-centric philosophy, tailor-made business solutions and modern equipment deployment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Manager
Location: Apapa, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Compliance Manager will be working with the management of Compliance Directorate in ensuring that the company’s policies and procedures comply with regulatory and ethical standards.
- The job holder will advise Compliance Directorate of any potential risks that may affect the regulatory standing, reputation, safety, security, financial sustainability and existence of the organization.
- The job holder is expected to provide a better assessment of the risk management policies and protocols in order to come up with policies and recommendations to avoid threats, reduce or transfer risks and/or mitigate the effects of those which are essentially unavoidable.
- Support Internal Control/Audit’s change initiative by implementing action plans related to risk assessment and annual planning, audit execution, audit reporting and audit technology
- Plans, designs and implements an overall risk management process for the organization
- Develop and implement company policies and regulations
- Oversee all business operations relating to compliance including policies, investments, and procedures
- Design and monitor control systems to deal with violations of legal rules and internal policies
- Coordinate with departmental managers to review all department’s compliance policies
- Perform periodic reviews on company procedures and processes
- Collaborate with HR department to ensure the implementation of consistent disciplinary action strategies in cases of compliance standard violations
- Report violations of compliance or regulatory standards to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate or required
- Verify that all company’s and regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, and communicated
- Direct the development or implementation of compliance-related policies and procedures throughout an organization
- Verify that software technology is in place to adequately provide oversight and monitoring in all required areas
- File appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies
- Conduct periodic internal reviews or assessment to ensure that compliance procedures are followed
- Prepare reports for the management of Compliance Directorate, Top Management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate
- Conduct compliance audits covering all operational areas
- Any other duty as assigned by Management.
- Educational Qualification: Relevant first degree or its equivalent or professional qualification in Accounting, Actuarial Science, Auditing, Finance, Economics, Commerce, Law, or in any other numerate or semi-numerate field.
- Professional Qualification: Relevant certifications/qualification by locally and internationally recognized Accounting regulatory body would be an added advantage. Professional certification in accountancy a must (ACA, ACCA, ICAN Etc)
- Work Experience: Minimum of 10 years’ relevant work experience and 4 years in a managerial position
- Good IT Systems Skills
- Good understanding of financial records and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Superior knowledge of international accounting and auditing policies, procedures, principles and standards
- Strong working knowledge of governmental budgeting and accounting policies, procedures and standards
- Prior experience in organizing, planning, managing and supervising the audit functions and in conducting financial reporting
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation, regulations, guidelines and other regulatory requirements.
- Current knowledge of industry practices, trends and issues
- Highly developed organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of Information management security, document management system and document use/compliance in all areas of work and departments
- Risk Assessment and reporting
- Knowledge of latest trends and practices in Compliance Management
- Knowledge of Compliance Act & policies
- Ability to take criticism, passionate about team and organizational development
- Demonstrated experience in managing significant risk management projects
- Demonstrated expertise in risk management processes is required, particularly with respect to developing & implementing significant strategies, stakeholder management and regulatory/Client relationship management
- Demonstrated expertise in change management
- Presentation and report writing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and respond at short notice
- Ability to work well under pressure and adaptive to change
- Good time management and organizational skills.
N400,000 – N550,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
28th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CV (in PDF) to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!