PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria – Our client is a development finance institution involved in providing short and medium-term loans, risk bearing services as well as trade and market information and export advisory services to the Nigerian export community.
They are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head, Internal Audit
Reference No.: 130-PEO01177
Employment Type: Permanent
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Roles & Responsibilities
The role holder will:
- Oversee investigations of violations of the Bank’s operational procedures.
- Oversee investigations on incidences of fraud, irregularities, exceptions and sharp practices.
- Define the department’s strategy in line with the Bank’s strategic objectives.
- Approve and coordinate the execution of the department’s work program and plans
- Manage the interface with related regulatory authorities (e.g. CBN) and the external auditors in the review of the Bank’s transactions and activities
- Manage an effective fraud deterrent function by implementing methods for identifying, investigating and reporting suspicious Bank transactions.
- Ensure violations of the Bank’s operational procedures are properly investigated and make recommendations on appropriate preventive/ remedial action.
- Manage/ co-ordinate the liaison with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in the conduct of special investigations into incidences of fraud and other irregularities.
- Evaluate adequacy of internal controls and efficiency/ effectiveness of operations
- Participate in process improvement/ redesign as well as systems implementation efforts to ensure adequate attention is given to control considerations
- Ensure spot checks are conducted on transactions and activities.
- Provide regular, accurate and objective reports/ updates for management attention.
- Co-ordinate the timely and conclusive investigation into exceptions and other issues noted/ reported in the course of the inspection exercises.
- Conduct investigations into identified/ detected cases of fraud/irregularities noted in the Bank’s activities.
- Ensure the fraud investigations are prompt and discrete, status reports are up-to-date, documentation adequate and all evidential matters and reports are safely kept.
- Serve on staff disciplinary committees and provide required information, explanations and other assistance to execute the mandate of the committee.
- Coordinate and compile audit investigation reports.
- Uncover new trends in criminal behaviour and apply those insights to improve the Bank’s investigation capabilities and proactively search out illicit activities.
- Liaise with all regulatory institutions in dealing with enquiries from customers, government agencies etc.
- Continually review and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the department’s policies, procedures and identify improvement opportunities.
- Coordinate the preparation of the department’s annual budget and monitor its implementation
- Review and authorize key expenditures and transactions in line with the approved budget and authority limit.
- Review departmental performance and conduct performance appraisal of unit heads.
- Prepare and submit periodic management reports to the MD/ CEO on the activities of the department
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- First Degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related discipline.
- Relevant post graduate/ professional qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, etc.
- Minimum of eighteen (18) years cognate experience, with at least three (3) years internal audit experience at managerial level.
- Strong knowledge of Banking including Trade Financing, Project/ Development Financing and Treasury activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to make presentations to Management/ Board and other stakeholders as may be required.
- Significant understanding of the operations of an Export Credit Agency
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals
- Willingness to travel to any location of the Bank and work extra hours where required in order to achieve the Bank’s objectives.
- General understanding of the objectives and purpose of a development finance institution.
Application Closing Date
6th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!