By Laura Okoro– HR Consultant
First Impressions matter a lot. As much as actual qualifications matter, you have to “sell” your qualifications well to the point that the interviewer believes you, and is confident in your abilities.
Research has proven that first impressions shape perception. For interviewees, positive first impressions lead to follow up interviews, then more job offers.
Below are a few ways to build positive first impressions in Interview;
- Dress appropriately for the role you are applying for
- Always arrive at the interview venue on time
- Bring essential documents
- Put your phone away
- Enter the interview room with confidence
- Confidently “sell” yourself
- Act Interested
- Do not speak carelessly