The Riverbank School – We are committed to raising God fearing Child leaders who would aim for excellence in all their endeavor. We offer a Christian and family approach to care and education that will ensure full academic potential is realized in every individual child.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Class Teacher
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full time
- To carry out professional duties and to have responsibility for an assigned class.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day work and management of the class and the safety and welfare of the pupils, during on-site and off-site activities.
- To promote the aims and objectives of the school and maintain its philosophy of education.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To create and manage a caring, supportive, purposeful and stimulating environment which is conducive to children’s learning.
- To plan and prepare lessons in order to deliver the National Curriculum ensuring breadth and balance in all subjects.
- To identify clear teaching objectives and learning outcomes, with appropriate challenge and high expectations.
- To maintain good order and discipline among the pupils, safeguarding their health and safety.
- To organize and manage groups or individual pupils ensuring differentiation of learning needs, reflecting all abilities.
- To plan opportunities to develop the social, emotional and cultural aspects of pupils’ learning.
- To maintain a regular system of monitoring, assessment, record-keeping and reporting of children’s progress.
- Complete diaries, log book and anecdotal recordings.
- Log in homework books
- To prepare appropriate records for the transfer of pupils.
- To take class registers at the beginning of each lesson and refer any attendance concerns to the appropriate staff.
- Leave suitable notices with the line manager for absences known in advance and where possible, liaise with appropriate staff during short sicknesses leave.
- To ensure effective use of support staff within the classroom.
- To participate in staff meetings as required.
- Contribute to the development and coordination of a particular area of the curriculum.
- To be part of a whole school team, actively involved in decision-making on the preparation and development of policies and programmes of study, teaching materials, resources, methods of teaching and pastoral arrangements.
- To ensure that school policies are reflected in daily practice.
- To communicate and consult with parents over all aspects of their children’s education, academic, social and emotional.
- To liaise with outside agencies when appropriate e.g. Educational Psychologist.
- To continue professional development, maintaining a portfolio of training undertaken.
- To meet with parents and appropriate agencies, to contribute positively to the education of the children concerned.
- To support the Head of School in promoting the ethos of the school.
- To promote the welfare of children and to support the school in safeguarding children though relevant policies and procedures.
- To abide by all the rules, regulations and respect the school’s policies.
- To promote equality as an integral part of the role and to treat everyone with fairness and dignity.
- To recognise health and safety is a responsibility of every employee, to take reasonable care of self and others and to comply with the Schools Health and Safety policy and any school-specific procedures / rules that apply to this role.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Ed / B.Sc / BA / HND / NCE
- EYFS/ Montessori Dip / PGCE/ PGDE/PDE
- Evidence of in service professional development
- Candidates should possess 3 – 8 years work experience.
Knowledge (Knowledge, abilities, skills, experience):
- A thorough understanding of the national curriculum and a range of assessment requirements and arrangements.
- Know how to use local, national and statistics to evaluate the effectiveness of teaching.
- Knowledge and understanding of the implications of equal opportunities, multicultural education and inclusion.
- Knowledge of computer software relevant to the curriculum.
- Knowledge and understanding of the potential of computer technology to enhance the curriculum.
- Know the legal requirements, national policy and guidance on the safeguarding of children.
- Knowledge and application of the Montessori principles and presentation of the didactic materials.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum, Foundation Stage, Montessori Method and National Strategies for Literacy and Numeracy
Skills and Abilities:
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Work-related Personal Requirements
- Suitability to work with children.
Application Closing Date
16th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!