PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria – Our client is a development finance institution involved in providing short and medium-term loans, risk bearing services as well as trade and market information and export advisory services to the Nigerian export community.
They are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head, Human Resources
Reference No.: 130-PEO01173
Employment Type: Permanent
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Roles & Responsibilities
The role holder will be responsible for:
- Championing the articulation and development of the Human Resources (HR) strategy and ensure alignment with the organisation’s overall strategy and business objectives
- Translating departmental strategies into specific operational plans and programs.
- Communicating the department’s strategic objectives, operational plans and programs to all staff ensuring mutual understanding of roles, responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Facilitating the development/update of an optimal organisation structure to support the achievement of the organisation’s goals and objectives
- Overseeing an HR function that covers major HR focus areas of career management and succession planning, training and development, staff welfare, performance management, HR administration.
- Planning and forecasting the organisation’s workforce requirements.
- Overseeing the staff/candidate sourcing and selection ensuring equity and fairness and that the right calibre of staff is employed into the organisation
- Designing, implementing and monitoring appropriate employee reward strategies, policies and programs to enable the organisation attract and retain the best talent
The role holder will be responsible for:
- Facilitating the development of a change receptive and collaborative culture by acting as a change champion and agent; and ensuring that the workforce is adequately carried along when the key changes/decisions are being made
- Intervening and assisting in resolving significant/complex disciplinary cases, appeals and related HR service delivery issues.
- Ensuring the existence of a dynamic HR system, fully integrated across HR areas, to continually improve higher levels of employee productivity.
- Providing advice to management team on all HR related issues
- Recommending HR consultants to management team as required
- Continually reviewing and assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of the department’s policies, procedures and processes and identify improvement opportunities
- Preparing the HR department’s annual budget and monitoring its implementation.
- Conducting performance appraisal and monitoring the performance of unit direct reports in line with agreed targets.
- Preparing and submitting monthly activity and performance reports to ED, Corporate Services
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the ED
- First degree preferably in any of the humanities
- MBA or membership of a relevant professional body e.g. Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM)
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of cognate experience in reputable organization with at least three (3) years managerial experience
- Understanding of the strong interrelationship between human capital management and achievement of the strategic objectives of an organisation.
- Candidate must be amiable with high level of integrity and confidentiality and generally be of good disposition
- High level of professionalism and knowledge of contemporary HR practice
- Significant understanding of the operations of an Export Credit Agency
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resource to attain goals
- Willingness to work long hours where required in order to achieve the organisation’s objectives.
- General understanding of the objectives and purpose of a development finance institution
Application Closing Date
6th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!