Merit Telecoms (NIG) Limited / Merit Telecoms Nigeria Limited is an independent and recognized leader in providing wireless voice and data turnkey services to the telecommunication industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure financial processes and controls operations effectively and efficiently on a day to day basis and develop and implement reporting measures to demonstrate their operation.
- Ensure that all reconciliations completed on a timely basis and differences are investigated and resolved promptly.
- Manage the company invoicing and collection process ensuring prompt collection of monies due.
- Work with the relevant units to quickly implement a revised process.
- Manage the company procurement process and work with the Finance Director and relevant units to quickly implement an updated process to improve cost control.
- Implement a review of existing processes and controls to identify improvements that can be immediately implemented.
- Develop and implement financial policies, maintaining finance manual for the Company ensuring that it remains current, relevant, and accessible to staff.
- Prepare financial statements for the company
- Complete VAT returns and all tax returns
- Provide a strategic, efficient, and flexible procurement service that will deliver optimum value for money, cost savings, and the best quality of service
- Support the Finance Manager in procurement activities such as the tender process, supplier relationships, and contract management for goods and services
- Assist in the development of internal procedures and documentation in relation to procurement processes
- Assist MERIT in managing commercial and reputational risks in its relations with external suppliers
- Responsible for all purchases and order inquiries
- Ensure purchases are properly approved Manage the company cash flow and loan management
- B.Sc in Accounting or Finance with 3 – 5 years of work experience.
- Experience in databases and database query and report design.
- Advanced Excel skills
- High intelligence with the willingness and ability to learn quickly
- Adaptable, positive and highly enthusiastic personality with the strong work ethic
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in basic financial accounting practices and procedures including the transaction data flow from subsidiary ledgers to General Ledger and financial reports
Application Closing Date
25th December 2020.
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!